Tuesday 4 October 2011

Assignment 2 Photo Manipulation Assignment

This is the Original Photograph:























This is a painted photograph meaning it was a painting that was photographed by a photographer. I made this photograph brighter in some areas like the hair, neck and scarf. I changed this because in my opinion if I was the photographer taking this photograph I would alter it and add what I thought would catch a persons' attention. I thought it would look better if it had some brighter color for some areas like the women's scarf, neck, and hair. I also changed the color of the parts around the women in the photograph from black, red, and blue to yellow. I made this change because I tried several different colors like red, blue, green, white, and finally yellow to see which one would capture not only my attention but other people that will view this photograph because I want this picture to capture their attention as well. I wrote a caption at the top of this photograph that says "this is the altered version of the photograph". I put this at the top of the photograph because I want the people viewing the photograph to know it is not the original which is done by a painter. I want the people to know when they look at this photograph that the picture is still the same, but it has some ideas of my own added to it that make it my own definition of art. I changed the scarf's colors from blue, green, and orange to a darker shade of green and yellow. I changed this because I felt the colors were not the right ones I would have used darker green and yellow on the scarf to make it brighter to show the people looking at the picture the beautiful colors on the women and around her that make the photograph look beautiful even if it was mechanically reproduced many times in my opinion I would always say that this picture is art. This photograph will be remembered by some people as they will think it is beautiful because it has good color and is brighter and both allow for the people to see the beauty in either certain places in the picture or the entire picture as a whole.



This is the Original Photograph






















This is a World War II photograph of Allied Soldiers standing beside each other holding a Nazi Germany Flag in front of their entire regiment. The first thing I changed from the photograph was its brightness - darkness. I changed this because when photographers took photographs during World War II of soldiers on either side was that the pictures were normally darker than the original photograph. I also changed the frame of the photograph into a darker shade of black and white. I changed the frame of this photograph because in my opinion it makes the picture look more realistic like it was actually taken during World War II. I put a caption at the top of the altered photograph "this is the altered photograph". I put a caption on the altered photograph because I wanted the people that look at the two photographs to know which one is the original and which is the one that has been altered to show the people that the altered photograph is my version of how the photograph would look as I would have used an older method of photography that makes the photograph develop as a darker black and white picture. The caption also shows everybody that I edited/altered this original picture and made some changes and added my own ideas to the photograph making it my definition of art as in my opinion this photograph is art to me now and is to be remembered for the sacrifices the Allied forces made during World War II to stop the tyrant Adolf Hitler.


References:
http://images04.olx.in/ui/11/88/14/1302344736_32068414_1-learn-drawing-painting-portraitsoil-painting-with-easy-way-andheri-west.jpg
http://www.realwarphotos.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/A112.32794259.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment